JOB TITLE: Dock Worker/Parts Runner
LOCATION: U.S. Gulf Coast
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
General maintenance and repair, parts runs and errands, assist with shipping, receiving, inventory, painting, janitorial services and other duties as assigned. Facility yard work
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge or willingness to learn the oil transportation and maritime industry.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn tug and barge maintenance systems and equipment.
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive communications.
- Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance.
- Ability to get along with office staff and vessel crewmembers.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, type, enter data into computer systems, and understand English in person, over the telephone and communicate via email.
- Must possess a valid Texas State driver license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED:
- Use mechanical tools for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Drive company vehicles.
JOB CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to board tugs and barges in a safe manner.
- Work in warehouse, maintenance yard and onboard vessels.
- Experience maintaining tugs and barges preferred.
- First Aid and CPR training.
- High School Diploma.
- Valid TWIC Card Required.
- Valid Z-Card Required.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the General Manager/Port Captain.